Saturday, October 19, 2019
Race Time: 5:30 PM
Race Check-in Time/Race Bag Pickup: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Cost: Online Pre-Registration is $35. Race Day Registraiton is $40.
Location: Two blocks west of Hwy. 63/River Street near Walnut Street’s municipal parking lot in Spooner, Wisconsin
The Gory Details
- 5K Zombie Run participants are encouraged (but not required) to dress up in their scariest zombie attire. Prize awarded for Best Dressed Zombie race participant.
- Race Bags are only guaranteed to the first 50 registrants (included in registration fee). Any leftover merchandise will be given out in order of registration. Kids' race shirts may differ slightly from the adult shirts. The cost of registration does not change even if the Race Swag Bags are no longer available. T-shirt sizes are not guaranteed to anyone, but we will try our best to accommodate size requests.
- You may run or walk the 5K. All participants will start in one wave. Competitive runners will be asked to line up first, then fun runners, followed by walkers.
- While registration is on an individual basis, racers are encouraged to run with friends (you may need a hand to hold)! Those under age 16 may participate as long as they run with an adult for the duration of the entire race.
- Water stations will be located at the approximate halfway point and at the finish line.
- The racecourse will be clearly marked courtesy of the City of Spooner.
- Course terrain will contain paved trail and road/sidewalk (crossing guards will be provided for any street crossings).
- CASH prizes (and more) awarded for 1st place finishers (men's and women's divisions). Prizes also awarded for 2nd & 3rd place for both men's and women's divisions and Best Zombie Costume.
- Race will be held rain or shine. No refunds.
- All racers will be required to turn in a signed waiver before participating. Please bring race waiver to check-in on race day. You will not be able to participate if a signed waiver is not on file. Those under age 18 will need a parent or guardian's signature on the waiver.
- Stay for the 5K Zombie Run After Party to enjoy live music and to cash in your free drink ticket at Schmitz's Economart Brewfest!
Where/When to Sign Up the Day of the Race
- Those who do not pre-register online for the race by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 17, will be required to sign up at the check-in tables at the festival grounds from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the day of the race (Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018). Cash, credit or check accepted.
- Cost goes up to $40 the day of the race and includes event t-shirt (quantities limited, size not guaranteed). Race Swag Bag and one drink ticket is guaranteed to the first 150 race registrants only (including those who pre-registered online). Any extra merchandise will be given out in order of registration. Sizes are not guaranteed for event shirts whether you pre-register or not, but we will do our best to accommodate everyone. Please arrive at 2:30 p.m. for race-day registration!
- For questions, please contact 5K Zombie Run Race Director.